If you have sensitive skin, you probably have to be extra careful about what lotions you use to moisturize and what perfumes you wear on a regular basis. Sensitive skin can be frustrating for residents in the United States, who simply want their skin to look youthful and beautiful at all times. Cosmetic surgeons understand that your skin plays an important role in your appearance, and have designed a set of tips that residents around the country can use in order to help them care better for their sensitive skin.
How Can I Take Care of My Sensitive Skin?
- Purchase products that are designed specifically for sensitive skin. These products are designed to be gentle on your skin, and treat your sensitive skin with the special care that it needs in order to avoid irritation and breakouts.
- Always read the ingredients label on your skin products — including lotions, bubble baths, shower gels and lip balm. When you look at the label, check to see that you are purchasing a product that has a minimal amount of ingredients. You will want to avoid products that have an excess amount of fillers and preservatives as these can aggravate your skin.
- Protect your hands and arms when you are cleaning your home or doing laundry. The harsh chemicals and cleaning agents that are in standard household cleaners and laundry detergents can prove to be detrimental to your skin. Using plastic gloves will protect your skin and help you avoid skin irritation.
- Protect your skin from the sun every day. Even on cloudy or cool days, UV rays can still reach your skin and cause it to burn. Always wear sunscreen with plenty of SPF protection.
- Wash your makeup off at the end of each day. Try to, only, wear makeup for the minimal amount of time possible, but never sleep with make up on your face.
- Avoid using skin toner products. Toner is created with an alcohol base and may dry out your skin. For people with sensitive skin, this can leave them with red, blotchy or irritated skin.
You can avoid dry, flaky and red skin if you take the proper precautions when it comes to caring for your sensitive skin. People throughout the United States are managing their sensitive skin every day, and cosmetic surgeons can help you come up with a treatment plan that works for you. You may be interested in exploring cosmetic procedures that can help improve the appearance of your skin, such as laser skin rejuvenation or the liquid facelift. To find out more information about the options you have for improving your sensitive skin, set up a free cosmetic consultation with a facial plastic surgeon today.